for 12 cookies
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 stick butter
- 4 oz unsweetened chocolate
- 1 cup flour
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 1 ¼ teaspoons baking soda
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper, optional
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- 12 large marshmallows
- Beat brown sugar, white sugar, and eggs.
- Melt the unsweetened chocolate and butter, allow to cool. Mix into the egg and sugar mixture.
- Add all of the dry ingredients, and mix thoroughly (you don’t want any cayenne pepper clumps!).
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Space out 12 cookies on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 350°F (180°C) for 13 minutes. Remove the cookies from the oven.
- Top each one with a large marshmallow.
- Broil for 30 seconds, until the marshmallows have just started to brown.