Camp begins at 9am on Monday, July 26th! It will run from 9 to 3 each day (7/26 – 7/30) and we will culminate with a mini concert on Friday starting at 2:30 🙂
IT IS NOT TOO LATE TO SIGN UP! I have received a few emails from parents asking if they can still sign up and how to do that! I have attached the form for you to fill out! Just bring that and payment for camp on Monday! (Please just shoot me an email if your child is not on the list below! I usually don’t list names, but sometimes kids see their friends are going and want to join us!)
(Oh my!! I think I have my entire low brass section attending!!! Would love to have more high voice and drummers!)
Be sure your child has their PPE!! We will be playing with masks and instrument PPE while indoors. I just received updated guidance for the Fall of 2021 from the National Association for Music Educators and I am still trying to sort things out. I just came back from vacation and I was working the week prior to that 🙂
Your child will need a lunch, snacks and plenty of water!
I am looking forward to seeing everyone!
LMS Band Director
- SUMMER MUSIC CAMP
- WHEN: July 26 – July 30
- TIME: 9:00am to 3:00pm
- WHERE: Campbell High School Music Department
- COST: $150 per student This summer the Litchfield Music Department would again like to offer our band students a summer enrichment music camp. In addition to full band rehearsals, each student will have time every day to rehearse with his or her own section. All students will be assigned to an ensemble (i.e. woodwind ensemble, brass ensemble, percussion ensemble or mixed ensemble) based on their playing experience and ability. If you are presently a part of the middle school or high school band and are interested in improving your technique and musical understanding then please fill out the following application and return with a deposit of $30.00 or the full amount.
- A sample schedule would look like the following:
- 9:00 – 9:15 meet, warm-up, tune
- 9:15 – 10:30 full band rehearsal
- 10:30 – 10:45 break (snack)
- 10:45 – 12:00 ensembles
- 12:00 – 12:30 lunch
- 12:30 – 1:30 sectionals
- 1:30 – 1:45 break (snack)
- 1:45 – 3:00 full band rehearsal
- Litchfield Music Department
- Carolyn Leite
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Please let me know if your student is unable to attend all 5
- days or must leave early on a specific day(s). We usually try to plan a mini concert at the end of the week.
- At this time, PPE will be worn while playing. I will keep families informed of any changes in that protocol. Checks should be made payable to Carolyn Leite.
- I am hoping to set up a Venmo account in the near future!
- Please try to return forms by the end of the school year. Deposits can be sent at a later date. Late registrations will be accepted at the beginning of camp. If we have low enrollment and need to cancel a week, you will be notified