LMS Principal Tom Lecklider ends his 21 year run as Principal to accept a position in Mount Vernon.
Good Afternoon, Litchfield Families!
I am writing to let you know that Mr. Tom Lecklider, Principal of the Litchfield Middle School, has accepted the principalship of Mont Vernon Village School, a K-6 school in the Amherst-Mont Vernon-Souhegan School District. The Litchfield School Board has accepted his resignation with deep appreciation for the 21 years he has devoted to the youth of Litchfield.
During his time with the District, Principal Lecklider has built incredibly strong relationships with staff, community members, and families. He and I are working closely together to ensure a transition plan is in place including details for a smooth start to the new school year. He is beginning to wind down his service to our district and will begin his new assignment in the coming weeks.
While we conduct a search for a new principal, Assistant Principal Martha Thayer will serve as the interim principal at LMS. As an experienced teacher and leader in Litchfield, the school community will be in good hands under her leadership.
Questions about the upcoming school year at LMS can be sent to Ms. Thayer. Questions about the leadership transition can be sent to my attention.
We have made tremendous progress at LMS this summer:
- The portable classrooms have been removed and 5th graders will now be safely taught within the core building.
- The windows are being upgraded to a triple glazed energy efficient model to create a more comfortable learning environment for all students and staff.
- A new conference room has been built off the main lobby, and a new ventilation system has been installed for the core spaces including the nurse’s office.
- Most importantly, we have expanded the hours of the school to gain an additional 90 instructional hours next year.
- Starting August 30th, parent drop off will start at 7:15 am and parent pick-up will begin at 2:05 PM.
- Our bus routes are still being finalized, but parents can anticipate pick-up starting around 6:45 AM with afternoon bus drop-off beginning after CHS dismisses at 2:30 PM.
Please join me in wishing all the best to Mr. Lecklider as he begins his new role. I always see change as bringing opportunities and growth, and look forward to a school year beaming bright with promise.